How to Access
- Select Extensions → MyMuse Simple→ Products from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
- Click the Products link in the submenu
- Click the New icon in the toolbar.
To edit an existing product, in Product Manager click on a product's Title or click the Product's check box and then click the 'Edit' button. The Add New Product and Edit Product screens have the same functionality.
This is the back-end screen where you can add and edit Products. The same screen is used for adding a new Product and editing an existing Product.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the article and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the article and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the article and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another article.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Details. The main page for editing the product
- Images. A place to assign a list image and a detail page image.
- Recording Details. Release Date, Producer, Studio, etc.
- Publishing Details. Start and end publishing.
- Metadata Information.
- Tracks. Manage the tracks/files associated with this product.
- Title. The Title for this item. This may or may not display on the page, depending on the parameter values you choose.
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when SEF is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Non-Latin characters can be allowed in the alias if you set the Unicode Aliases option to Yes in Global Configuration. If this option is set to No and the title includes non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time (for example "2012-12-31-17-54-38").
- Artist: Select the Artist Category from the drop down list box.
- Main Category. Select the Main Category for this Product from the drop-down list box.
- SKU. A unique store keeping unit for this product. If you don't fill this in, MyMuse will assign it as the alias-productid.
- Status.The published status of this item.
- Published: Item is visible in the front end of the site.
- Unpublished: Item is will not be visible to guests in the front end of the site. It may be visible to logged in users who have edit state permission for the item.
- Archived: Item will no longer show on blog or list menu items.
- Trashed: Item is deleted from the site but still in the database. It can be permanently deleted from the database with the Empty Trash function in Article Manager.
- Access. Select the viewing access level for this item from the list box. The access levels that display will depend on the what has been set up for this site in Users→Access Levels. Note that access levels are separate from ACL permissions. Access levels control what a user can see. ACL permissions control what actions a user can perform.
- Featured. Yes/No. Select Yes if item will be shown in the Store/Featured menu item. Select No otherwise.
- Language. Select the language for this item. If you are not using the multi-language feature of Joomla, keep the default of 'All'.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
- Description. Enter a description of the product.
- List Image. A smaller image for listing pages
- Detail Image. A (usually bigger) image for the product detail page.
These entries are optional. If none are filled in, the section will not appear on the Product Page.
- Release Date: Choose a date.
- Full Time: The full time of the recording/album.
- Country: Country of recording.
- Publisher: Publisher of recording.
- Producer: Producer of recording.
- Studio: Studio of recording.
These entries are optional. Joomla! automatically creates default entries for these values.
- Created by. Name of the Joomla! User who created this item. This will default to the currently logged-in user. If you want to change this to a different user, click the Select User button to select a different user.
- Created By Alias. This optional field allows you to enter in an alias for this Author for this Article. This allows you to display a different Author name for this Article.
- Created Date. This field defaults to the current time when the Article was created. You can enter in a different date and time or click on the calendar icon to find the desired date.
- Start Publishing. Date and time to start publishing. Use this field if you want to enter content ahead of time and then have it published automatically at a future time.
- Finish Publishing. Date and time to finish publishing. Use this field if you want to have content automatically changed to Unpublished state at a future time (for example, when it is no longer applicable).
This section allows you to enter Metadata Information for this Article. Metadata is information about the Article that is not displayed but is available to Search Engines and other systems to classify the Article. This gives you more control over how the content will be analyzed by these programs. All of these entries are optional. Metadata is shown inside HTML meta elements. The entry screen is shown below:
- Meta Description. An optional paragraph to be used as the description of the page in the HTML output. This will generally display in the results of search engines. If entered, this creates an HTML meta element with a name attribute of "description" and a content attribute equal to the entered text.
- Meta Keywords. Optional entry for keywords. Must be entered separated by commas (for example, "cats, dogs, pets") and may be entered in upper or lower case. (For example, "CATS" will match "cats" or "Cats"). Keywords can be used in several ways:
- Robots.The instructions for web "robots" that browse to this page.
- Use Global: Use the value set in the Component→Options for this component.
- Index, Follow: Index this page and follow the links on this page.
- No index, Follow: Do not index this page, but still follow the links on the page. For example, you might do this for a site map page where you want the links to be indexed but you don't want this page to show in search engines.
- Index, No follow: Index this page, but do not follow any links on the page. For example, you might want to do this for an events calendar, where you want the page to show in search engines but you do not want to index each event.
- No index, no follow: Do not index this page or follow any links on the page.
- Author. Optional entry for an Author name within the metadata. If entered, this creates an HTML meta element with the name attribute of "author" and the content attribute as entered here.
- External Reference. An optional reference used to link to external data sources. If entered, this creates an HTML meta element with a name attribute of "xreference" and a content attribute equal to the entered text.
- Hits: 6783